Thursday, October 22, 2009

Keeping Track

When one's sleep schedule gets off-kilter, it's easy to mix one's up and down, one's days and nights, the order they come in and where exactly you are in the grand scheme of things.

This is not a good place to be in while looking for work.

So I've been kicking my ass back into some semblance of a normal sleep schedule, somewhat succeeding last night by getting to bed at six at night and waking up at four in the morning. Hmm. Well, perhaps normal for the extremely elderly. Perhaps I should get a Hoveround and start hanging out at my local buffet. In order to keep track of where I am and what I'm doing, I've been reduced to filling out a little form every day just to make sure I do everything I have to:
Date:
Wake-Up Time:
Exercise(s) Performed:
Food Consumed:
Jobs Applied for:
Time Spent Writing:
Went to Bed at:

I think that once I get into the habit of filling this out, it'll be a little easier for me to lead a life based on pattern, despite my unemployment.

It's funny how without going to school or having a job one ends up in this sort of free-fall, and it's so hard to get out of once you're there. I'd rather set myself aright again by going to school, then adding work to that, but alas, we can't always get what we want.

On the bright side, though, Glen Ivy again in a week or so. A post-birthday, post-wedding soak in a nice mineral bath followed by sun-warmed mud and exfoliation! Pure joy. Hell, that may be all I need to get back on the right track. It's odd, talking about myself this way. I don't normally discuss the mundane day-to-day doings of myself online. I don't think anyone cares. I don't even think anyone reads this blog, but it's good to get this stuff out from time to time.

1 comment:

Brandie said...

I read, love GI, and isn't life mostly the 'mundane?'

Damn, can't wait for this night shift to end- speaking of not sleeping...

See you Sunday, dear!